Work-Based Learning is the focus of NCWBLA members. It should be something you focus on, especially if you are a potential/current college student or a parent.
Work-Based Learning is work experience offered through colleges and universities as a way for students to apply what is learned in the classroom.
Work-Based Learning is a way for students to:
- work in jobs related to their majors or career goals
- clarify their career goals
- get paid (in most WBL sites) which helps with educational expenses
- gain experience to add to their resumes
- become more prepared for the job market or graduate/professional school
- make contacts in their profession for their future job search
- get job offers for permanent jobs upon graduation
- earn college credits